Injuries come in different severities and may be due to a single point fault, or several to varying degrees. Some are inconsequential while others can incapacitate us and turn our lives inside out.
Personal injury claims cover a plethora of circumstances and situations, so the severity of your injury makes a huge difference in the next course of action you should take and who should be involved.
If you feel your injuries are beyond insurance and small claims, then you may want to seek the advice and ongoing counsel of a qualified personal injury lawyer. Since personal injury claims cover a wide variety of situations and many different types of accidents, your claim could involve the need for investigation, subpoenas, repeat contact with the court and other parties, and much more, so having the help of a knowledgeable attorney is the best option to help you get the compensation you deserve. Let’s take a closer look at when a personal injury lawyer would be the best option for you.
What Are The Most Common Types of Cases That Personal Injury Attorneys Take On?
It’s important to know what kind of cases personal injury lawyers are willing to take on. Here is a list of some of the most common types of injury claims:
- Car Accident Claims. These are by far one of the most common personal injury claims made every year.
- Medical Malpractice Claims. Result from negligence and thought they can be quite complicated, are handled as a personal injury case.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. A very common type of personal injury, these often happen due to the negligence of the other party and you could be liable for compensation if you have been harmed.
- Assault. This is one of the few forms of personal injury that is not considered the result of negligence.
- Wrongful Death. These claims involve the death of a person due to someone else’s negligence.
- Workplace Accidents. If you are injured at work due to unsafe working conditions, it is your employer’s negligence that the claim will be made against.
- Dog Bites. Dog bite cases are treated similarly to personal injury because they are considered the result of negligence on the owner’s part.
- Product Liability. Defective products can lead to direct or long term injuries and you may be entitled to compensation if you have been harmed as a result.
Signs You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
You suffered serious injuries.
This means that your injuries are so severe that they prohibit your daily routine and activities as well as your ability to go to work. Compensation can range based on the severity of injuries, how much work you’ve missed and how much your medical bills total up to. Recovering from an accident is very stressful, not to mention incredibly expensive if you are missing work due to your injuries.
You have a permanent or long-term disability.
If you have sustained injuries that will require you to get long-term care or have left you permanently disabled, you should discuss your case with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An experienced personal injury attorney can help get the most compensation out of a disability claim, as these cases can be quite complicated and intensive due to long term suffering and often, the inability to work.
Your accident was caused by a defective part or product.
The manufacturer or company of the defective part or product could also be held liable for damages if there is any type of fraud involved on the company’s end as well. An attorney can help you navigate through the legal system, so all evidence is taken into consideration.
You’re not receiving compensation for missed work.
You are entitled to receive lost wage compensation if your injuries have forced you to take time off from work due to your claim. If the insurance company is refusing to include the wages as damages in the case, consulting with an attorney the next step in you
Your insurance company is refusing to pay your claim.
If your injuries are due to the negligence of another person, it is on their insurance company to compensate you for your injuries. Many insurance companies may not be willing to pay the amount that you are due because they are trying to lower their payout. This is where a personal injury attorney comes to aid you in your negotiations to get you a better and more satisfying settlement.
Get the Settlement You Deserve with Hann Law Firm
At Hann Law Firm, we take a personal approach from the start. Listening to our clients is at the heart of our success in the courtroom. When you work with us, we’ll address your specific challenges, prepare diligently for the best possible outcome, and create a personalized approach to help achieve your goals.
While other firms see a case number and a bottom line, we see each client as a human being who deserves to be heard. We know your case is important to you, and we’ll take it just as personally. You and your case matters to us.
Contact us for your free consultation and get quality, compassionate legal help today.